About Us » History of the School

History of the School

The school was built in 1923 as Lockhart High School. It served as both the junior high and high school until 1964, when the current high school open its doors. At that time, this school became Lockhart Junior High School. In 2000, a new junior high school was opened and this campus became LHS Freshman Campus. The school was renamed in 2009 to Lockhart High School Freshman - M.L. Cisneros Campus, in honor of Monico Louis Cisneros, an alumni, a former LISD Trustee, former Mayor of Lockhart, Justice of the Peace, and Lt. Colonel in the U.S. Army.